Monday, July 20, 2015

House Number Post

 
Someone blew up our old mailbox on the July 4th weekend.
 
That was OK with me, it was awful and UGLY. There were CD's nailed to the post with reflectors over them and the box was painted silver with the house numbers painted over so you couldn't see them and the door wouldn't stay closed.
 
It was an embarrassment.
 
 
Last week we got a pressure treated 4x4 post



and chose a topper from Lowes.
 

 
I found numbers that were nice, the most WESTERNY I could find.

 
And we got 5 gallons of white semi gloss exterior paint.
 
I painted one coat on it & we realized we didn't have them put any pigment into the bucket!! So back it went and they poured a bunch of white color into our bucket.
 
Yesterday it got a couple thick coats of paint.

 
It looks pretty good.

 
Here it is, almost finished. I will run a coat of paint under the topper and over its screws and then it will be ready to put out beside the driveway.


No comments:

Post a Comment