Saturday, June 10, 2017

Maple

We have decided on a butcher block solid wood top on the island and thought we could purchase a premade one, maybe at IKEA or online, maybe at Lowes or Home Depot. We were wrong, we could order them from companies that charge an arm & a leg but not from a box store.
I put an ad on FB for one & the places were wanting $1,500 for a top, quite a lot more than I had planned on paying.
Then last week Ryan posted that he was selling his stash of boards that he had been hoarding for 7 years so I bought enough to make the island top, about 4x3.
 
 
We will have these cut down to 1x1 pieces and put it together. My dad has a nice shop with all the tools we'll need, all the cutting machines, all the flat spaces, clamps, correct glue, etc.
One more step closer to being finished.
 
This morning we installed the new Bosch dishwasher, finally figured out how to use it and I CAN'T HEAR IT GOING. I am upstairs but I've never had such a quiet machine before.


No comments:

Post a Comment