Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Porch Flower Baskets


We've got a beautiful long front porch across the entire house with white railings and columns. I've been working on getting flower baskets growing so they can be hung and enjoyed all summer. Today I got the hooks installed and hung the baskets only to discover that they each need a piece of chain to make them hang low enough that they can be seen and watered easily.
 
 
This is what it looked like the first time I was ever here. October, pouring rain. No garden work for 2 years, just mowing once in a while and they didn't care where the grass clippings went.
 
This is the porch earlier the other day, I had placed the baskets approximately where I would be hanging them.

 
This is one of them. First I had just flowers in it but it had more room so I added Sweet Potato Vine. That should really help it fill out well.

 
Linda gave me two baskets on April 8th, the 9th anniversary of my twin brothers death. They are beautiful baskets.

 
And here they are hung. I have one rusty old chain but its not going to work for all of them so I'll be stopping at Lowes this evening for10 chains that are 8-10 inches long. A couple of the baskets have longer chains or hooks on them already and I'd like all the bottoms of the baskets to be the same height.
 
 
 
And this is the 2nd of the bushed below the railing to bloom. They are gorgeous! After the flowers are dropped I'll be trimming these back so they are below the level of the rail.

No comments:

Post a Comment